We do have several things while we're back there that we need to take care of due to our internship extension, as we weren't anticipating being in Burkina past March 2015 and had only prepared accordingly. We'll need to work on getting renewed driver licenses and international licenses, gathering documents for completing taxes, going to dentist appointments and hopefully getting general checkups, and raising the rest of the amount of funding we need for the extra few months that we'll spend in Burkina. The timing for this works out perfectly, not only because we need to complete these tasks but also because Envision is not hosting any teams in Burkina during April, making this the ideal down time to spend away on this visit before teams begin to come again in May. Mostly, we're just really looking forward to spending time with our families and other people from back home.
Because our flight will be going through Istanbul, Turkey, and the plane ticket doesn't cost any more to stop there for a few days than it does to just sit in the airport on a layover, we decided to spend several days exploring that city on our way home. After those few days, we'll be flying into Washington, D.C. on April 3 and will be met by Ben's parents and siblings who live just a couple of hours away from there.
Here is our schedule for where we'll be staying while we're back in the States:
- April 3 - April 9: Dover, Delaware
- April 9 - April 24: Lima, Ohio
- April 24 - May 3: Dover, Delaware
Also, you're invited to come hear us speak!
- In Lima: We will be sharing on Sunday, April 19 at Shawnee Alliance Church's Dorcas House Fundraiser Dinner which starts at approximately 12:15 PM. Tickets for the dinner should be purchased in advance, and you can see the information on that below:
- A beef/noodle dinner will be held following the 11:00 a.m. service on Sunday, April 19, West Campus. Cost is $6.00 Adult, $4.00 (ages 4-10), under 4 Free. Ticket sales have already begun in the church lobbies and the church office. Following the meal, Ben and Molly Collins will be present to share an update on their internship with C&MA/Envision in Burkina Faso, and the Dorcas House Team will be introduced.
- In Dover: We will be sharing on Sunday, April 26 during the services at Christ Memorial Baptist Church at 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM.
So we are very much looking forward all that this next month will bring, and we hope to see many of you in April before our return to Burkina Faso for May through the beginning of August!